The Great Horologion
Translated from the Greek by the Holy Transfiguration Monastery. 1997.
Hard-cover binding. 908 pages, 2-color printing. 8 x 11-1/2 inches.
In church or at home, The Great Horologion is indispensable for the divine services.
- The Daily Cycle of Services: their structure and fixed hymns and prayers
- Over 500 concise accounts of Saints' Lives, including Dismissal Hymns and Kontakia
- Comprehensive alphabetical index of over 4500 Saints, with dates for their Feasts
- Large format for easy reading in church
- Printed in black and red throughout on acid-free paper
- The Paschalion for the years 1997�2100
- Supplicatory Canons, Akathists, the Eclogarion, and more
provides the order of services with complete texts
and Lenten variants for the Midnight Service, Matins, the
Hours, Vespers, Small and Great Compline.
contains the Menologion, which gives a short description
of the Feast or Saint celebrated for each day of the year, with
Dismissal Hymn and Kontakion; the Triodion and
Pentecostarion, which give the same for these movable feasts;
Troparia of the Resurrection in the Eight Tones, Troparia for
Weekdays, and Theotokia; the Katavasiae for
the Seasons of the year; and the Eclogarion, which contains
the psalmic selections used for the Polyeleos.
contains Akathists to our Saviour, the
Theotokos and the Cross; Supplicatory Canons to our
Saviour, the Theotokos, the Guardian Angel and to the
Angels and All Saints; the Communion Prayers; an alphabetical index of Saints and Feasts, and a Paschalion through the